Familiarize yourself to protect your RS gold, RS items and especially RS account
Scam is an art of tricking other people and being performed by a dishonest individual to obtain certain rs gold (Runescape currency), RS item or RS account. Most likely scams are often being executed on trades; it can be due to Merchanting, lending or other trading activities. This can also happen NOT only player-to-player but also player to guild-bank.
Avoid these things to protect your RS gold
Getting scam through RS items
– False information of a certain item that is selling for rs gold. RS item description may not be that accurate in-game but you can see the full item description in the official Runescape Wikia.
– RS have a lending feature, however for some reason there are still players who are not using this due to “inconvenience” for others. This is the MOST scamming technique to get a rs item to sell it for rs gold. This is a player who is promising to borrow an item and will return the item back which will not going to happen.
– In RS there should be a 2 trade window, there seller who scams tend to switch the item that they are selling to other one. But RS trade feature will show a flashing exclamation point to inform you that the item has been changed. So better cancel the trade before losing your rs gold!
– This is most likely being trick on FREEPLAY users. There is no way or anyone that can UPGRADE or TRIM your item. Report this incident to the Jagex authority before losing your RS gold and RS items.
– there maybe some bugs in-game BUT there are no 3rd party program or in-game bugs to have your items duplicate so NEVER believe them. Because if there is duplicating, they should not bother their selves in “helping” you to duplicate your rs item or rs gold.
– This may often during “street vending” at the grand exchange. A group of people setting up an item for sell with different rs gold price that will have the buyer to end on buying the “lowest” rs gold price.
Giving few minutes in learning these tips won’t waste your time, but you’re not aware of it it’s not just the time you’ll be losing but also the RS gold you worked hard for.